Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edward McIntyre Little

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

heatherg

heatherg Report 1 Feb 2013 14:47

Hello
I've been looking for Edward Little in the 1911 Scottish census and can't find him. He should be in Dunbartonshire with wife Agnes(28) and daughter Margare(2).
He would be about 30 born in Dunbarton.
Thank you for any help.
Heather G

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Feb 2013 14:50

1911 Scottish census is only available on Scotlandspeople so unless someone is willing to use spare credits then you might be out of luck

heatherg

heatherg Report 1 Feb 2013 14:53

I didn't realize it was only there.I've just used up my credits there with no luck.I don't expect anyone to use their credits up looking for me of course.
Thanks for the info Glitter Baby.
Heather

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Feb 2013 14:58

An Ancestry tree has a note of him travelling to Spain 1911 and returrning 1913?? Assuming he is the one married to Agnes Pinkerton McCormick. No supporting evidence given.
CORRECTION: this man has a son Edward born Spain 1911. The record of their return has been shown.
Jan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Feb 2013 15:01

Did he serve in the Army ?

Name: Edward Mcintyre Little
Campaign or Service: India
Service Date: 1920-1935
Service Location: India
Regiment or Unit Name: Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery
Regimental Number: 66565

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Feb 2013 15:04

The Edward (ship plater) and Agnes on that passenger list are aged 30 & 29 respectively. Margaret is 5 years old and son Edward 1.
If this is him, it explains absence 1911.
Jan

heatherg

heatherg Report 4 Feb 2013 13:26

Thank you GlitterBaby and Brummiejan.
I had no idea he went to Spain but that would explain why he wasn't on the census.
It may be him in the army I'll have to try and contact the Ancestry tree owner to find out.
Heather G

heatherg

heatherg Report 4 Feb 2013 14:08

I've just had confirmation that they did go to Spain and came back in 1913.
Heather G