Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed to trace a death registration

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 3 Feb 2013 11:17

Hi,
I have been unable to trace the death registration of my father's half sister. I have quite a bit of info but have so far failed - has anyone any suggestions please? Details as below.
Kathleen Boden
DOB: 8/10/1919 in Darley Dale, Derbyshire
Mother: Harriet Hilda Boden (unmarried)
Father: Left blank
Reg. Details: Bakewell, Matlock, Derbyshire

The mother Harriet Hilda later married and became a Green, it is not believed that Kathleen (AKA Kath & Kathy) was ever known by that surname.

Kathy moved to Nottingham and married in 1939 aged 19.
Spouse: Alfred Douglas Day
Date: 22/04/1939, Register Office, Nottingham.
There is a father's name on this certificate - George Boden - no living family know anything about this.
I have been told she did not remain married for very long and it is believed that she did not remarry and no one is aware of Kathy having any children.
At some point she moved to London. She did have some contact with her half sister who also moved from Derbyshire to London. This half sister believes she died in 1963, she would have been 44.
I can find no record of this at all. I have searched under the names Kathleen, Kathy & Kath and with C as the first initial. I have searched using Day, Boden & Green as the surname.
I would be grateful for any help &/or ideas. I have been looking for quite some time and keep coming back to this mystery.
Regards, Gillian

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2013 11:22

If she died pre-1969, her DOB will not, unfortunately be of any help, as certs did not include that info

The father's name on the marriage cert can almost certainly be ignored..........it would have been a face-saver

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2013 11:25

Is one of these deaths that of her husband?

Alfred Douglas Day 1911 Jan 1994 Kingston Upon Thames Surrey

Alfred Douglas Day 1920 Oct-Nov-Dec 1978 Nottingham Nottinghamshire

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2013 11:28

When /where did her mother die?

Did she attend her mother's funeral?

Catherine

Catherine Report 3 Feb 2013 13:54

There is a birth in 1939, Nottingham for a child with name Day and mother's maiden name Boden so looks as though Kathleen quite possibily had at least one child. Will pm reference.

Catherine

Catherine Report 3 Feb 2013 14:01

Will also pm a marriage reference which could very well be relevant.

Gillian

Gillian Report 5 Feb 2013 00:02

Reggie & Catherine - Thankyou for all your help & suggestions. Apologies for delayed reply, just don't have anywhere enough free time to devote to this fascinating venture!
I think the 1978 death of Alfred Douglas Day in Nottingham is probably the husband.
Harriet Hilda Phillips (nee Boden & previously Green) the mother died in London 27/4/1984.
No Kathleen did not attend the funeral - I feel it is almost a certainty she died in the early '60's.

Re the birth of a child in Nottingham in 1939 - I now believe Kathleen did have a child but I have since found a death of an infant that ticks all the same boxes too.
The marriage in 1963 is a mystery I am looking into, maybe Kathleen did marry again just before she died.
Thanks again, Gillian