Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Annie Sykes (nee Dockerty) - Leeds

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 18 Feb 2013 20:15

Will do as I'm at a loss now as she has always been known as Annie in the family.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 18 Feb 2013 20:56

Wendy, it's not impossible that two sisters married Sykes but without that certificate (order it from GRO) you'll probably never get to the bottom of it.

Wendy

Wendy Report 8 Mar 2013 23:15

I have ordered my Grandad's birth certificate so hopefully should have an answer on this.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 9 Mar 2013 08:48

Do let us know what it says when you receive it Wendy.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Mar 2013 14:07

I hope the poster copied all the information that was given on a duplicate thread that was on Genealogy Chat Board

Wendy

Wendy Report 9 Mar 2013 16:05

I have deleted the other thread as I was 'duplicating' information.

Wendy

Wendy Report 2 Jul 2013 21:57

I have now solved the mystery thank you to my Grandad' Cousin who i found on here, he sent me a photo of a Mary Sykes who he knew had children Edward (my Grandad) and Kenneth. As soon as I showed my Mum the photo she said said yes that is definitely Grandma Sykes. So she was Mary not Annie.