Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WDYTYA THREAD - WILLIAM JOHN REYNOLDS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 Mar 2013 18:46

Amongst others, I posted on some of the recent WDYTYA threads.

It seems that some of the people asking for info at the event are having trouble getting back to and/or posting on those threads (perhaps inadequate guidance given?).

I do know that it wasn't easy for people who help on the boards to even find that particular board in the first place!

Anyhow, I received a pm from a lady who is still looking for help so thought I'd post a link to her thread in case anyone wants to look into it:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/42/thread/1320023?jump=1320023

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Mar 2013 19:06

I thought they were been given guidance notes from the Team to get back to their threads

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 Mar 2013 19:18

That was the theory GB ..........

:-|

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 6 Mar 2013 19:22

I wonder if they all realised that they would have to pay a subscription before being able to add to their threads!!!

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 Mar 2013 20:58

Well, I think the lady who sent me the pm must have done to be able to contact me?

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 6 Mar 2013 21:14

True for that lady, obviously, but I wonder if it was generally made known.....

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 6 Mar 2013 22:41

Added a little, but not awfully helpful, I am sorry to say.

Reggie

Reggie Report 6 Mar 2013 22:59

If previous years area are a benchmark, the 'guidance' will have been minimal.......at best