Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Broughton/Charman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 12 Mar 2013 20:04

I am trying to trace my cousins aunt Doreen Stella Broughton dob 1927 mothers maiden name Charman no father on birth cert. born in Bristol area thanks :-) :-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 12 Mar 2013 20:12

Hello Kathleen, what do you mean by tracing her? Are you trying to find her later life?

It's odd that her birth was registered as Broughton when her mother was Charman? What does it say on the birth certificate for her mother - was she Broughton, formerly Charman?

patchem

patchem Report 12 Mar 2013 20:21

Is this a totally unrelated marriage?
Marriages Dec 1918
Broughton Alfred E Charman Sheffield 9c 859
Charman Alice L Broughton Sheffield 9c 859

and birth:
Births Sep 1920
Broughton Alfreda A Charman Sheffield

Added:
Doreen and Alfreda are both in a tree on here.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Mar 2013 22:56

Can't quite work out what your post is trying to convey............

Who are you looking for?

Who was Doreen's MOTHER?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Mar 2013 23:00

The child born in Sheffield in 1920 married in Surrey in 1944, and had four children, according to freebmd

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Mar 2013 23:05

Deaths Dec 1919 (>99%)
Broughton Alfred E 23 Sheffield 9c 501

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 12 Mar 2013 23:08

Hi Kathleen.....

Just for Info...

England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005
Name: Doreen S Broughton
Mother's Maiden Surname: Charman
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1927
Registration district: Bristol
Inferred County: Shropshire
Volume Number: 6a

There are a number of marriages for D Broughton (none for Doreen S that I can see) but none in the Bristol area...so impossible to pinpoint your Doreen, you would need marriage to find any children she may have had, unless she had them out of wedlock....then you have very little chance of ever finding them I'm afraid.

Do you have any other scrap of info that may help....

Mistyx

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Mar 2013 23:12

Kathleen has the birth info......she quotes the details in her post

patchem

patchem Report 12 Mar 2013 23:25

Adopted?
If Alfred died in 1919 before first child, and second child with no acknowledged Father, and widow has not remarried...
Does the cousin not have some more information?

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 13 Mar 2013 10:41

Thanks to everyone for you reply, have since found another daughter born 1925 she was adopted so possibly that is what has happened to Doreen I will ask any othe family members if they have info, thanks again :-)

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 13 Mar 2013 10:41

Thanks to everyone for you reply, have since found another daughter born 1925 she was adopted so possibly that is what has happened to Doreen I will ask any othe family members if they have info, thanks again :-)