Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know the ERDIS family , Co. Antrim, ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 Mar 2013 13:31

Looking for Mary Ellen Erdis b 1892, to a Thomas Erdis
and Martha Robinson , in the Eden / Carrickfergus area of co Antrim. Aka Nellie, she worked as a reeler , and later a domestic servant. Signed the ulster covenant in 1912 address Fairymount, Carrickfergus. Lived in Leopold St in 1922 when she had my late mother in law , and left her in Belfast Infirmary ( feb 1922) .lived in and around Whitehouse , Barbour St until her death about early 1970's . I would like to trace some of her ancestors. She had her daughter and later a son, Eric (Frederick Hall 1925) to an Alexander Hall ( a Brush manufacturer, from R J Hall and sons, Belfast , although he later married a lady called Annie S, lived in Bangor co down ) I have been unable to establish any Erdis connections. Her father died about 1900. Thanks in anticipation !

Flip

Flip Report 16 Mar 2013 13:54

I assume you've found this on the 1901 census, but why is Martha's other daughter called Bell?

Erdis Martha 32 Female Daughter Independant Co Antrim Mill Worker Can read and write - Widow -
Bell Maggie 12 Female Daughter Independant Co Antrim Scholar Can read and write - Not Married -
Erdis Nellia 9 Female Daughter Independant Co Antrim Scholar Can read and write - Not Married -
Robinson Andrew 6 Male Grand Son Independant Co Antrim Scholar Can read - Not Married -
Robinson Samuel 66 Male Head of Family Independant Co Antrim Salt Worker Can read only - Married -
Robinson Mary 65 Female Wife Independant Co Antrim - Can read only -

Residents of a house 54 in North East Division (Carrickfergus Rural, Antrim

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 Mar 2013 15:34

Magpie bell seems to be Nellie's cousin

Flip

Flip Report 16 Mar 2013 15:36

Is this the parents marriage?

Thomas Erdis
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1892
Registration district: Larne
Volume: 1
Page Number: 747
FHL Film Number: 101256
Records on Page: Name
Martha Robinson <<<<<
John Milliken
Thomas Erdis
Sarah Ann Craig

Flip

Flip Report 16 Mar 2013 15:38

Yes Hilary, I agree, in 1911 she is recorded as Maggie Bell Robinson, so probably not Martha's daughter, but maybe the grand-daughter of the Robinsons.

Maura

Maura Report 16 Mar 2013 19:31

Thomas Erdis married Martha Robinson 1892 Carrickfergus Congregational Church
Thomas father was a Matthew
Martha father was a Samuel
rootsireland.ie

Maura

Maura Report 16 Mar 2013 19:51

Ireland, Civil Registration Deaths Index, 1864-1958
about Martha Erdis Name: Martha Erdis
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1869
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1913
Death Age: 44
Death Country: Ireland
Page: 449
FHL Film Number: 0101605

Name: Thomas Erdis
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1857
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1893
Death Age: 36
Death Country: Ireland
Page: 481
FHL Film Number: 101597

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 Mar 2013 20:54

thank you for this information. i knew Thomas died early but didn't know when , or the information about Martha. Thomas's mother was a Nancy Erdis .Regards hilary.