Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stafforfshire Moorlands.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marianthe

Marianthe Report 20 Mar 2013 20:29

Thankyou Ann.

Marianthe

Marianthe Report 20 Mar 2013 20:25

Hi, the dates are 1864, 1877, 1894 1897 and 1918.

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 20 Mar 2013 20:17

There are some old photos of both Oakamoor and Farley on this site

http://www.staffspasttrack.org.uk/

Or perhaps Staffs Archives might have old maps of the villages.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Mar 2013 19:55

What dates are the certs as 1800 - 1900 is a large span

Marianthe

Marianthe Report 20 Mar 2013 19:46

Hello, just wondering if anyone is familiar with a small, sparsely populated area where I have tried in vain to locate ancestors. The area in question contains Cotton, Oakamoor, Wardlow and Farley and the two addresses that I seek from certificates that I have obtained, are '43 Weaver Villa, Oakamoor' and '34 Wardlow, Farley'
I have travelled there to walk around the various villages trying to find them but their whereabouts have remained a mystery. Another address I have is 'Cottage in the quarry' which I assume stood in or around Wardlow quarry and may or may not be a clue to the others. This was between 1800 and 1900 and mainly Woolliscroft and Prime families.