Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cicely Margaret Wingfield Hill

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 29 Mar 2013 15:33

Marriages Jun 1948
Close-Smith Henry T Hill Maidstone 5b 1453
Hill Cicely M W Close-Smith Maidstone 5b 1453

Maddie

Maddie Report 29 Mar 2013 15:29

this is from the peerage for reference

Cicely Margaret Wingfield Hill
F, #491663

Last Edited=23 Aug 2011
Cicely Margaret Wingfield Hill is the daughter of Reverend Eustace Hill.2 She married Henry Temple Close-Smith, son of Major Thomas Close Smith and Caroline Mary Elizabeth Morgan-Grenville, on 3 June 1948.1
From 3 June 1948, her married name became Close-Smith.
Children of Cicely Margaret Wingfield Hill and Henry Temple Close-Smith

Richard Henry Close-Smith2 b. 3 Apr 1951
Caroline Mary Close-Smith+2 b. 17 Mar 1954

Citations

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Mar 2013 15:28

It's not me who's looking for this Jan. The poster is Kevin. I took the details from the Peerage website. I can't find a marriage in 1948 in England.

Her son was born in 1951 in Kensington, London and her daughter was born in Chelmsford, Essex in 1954.

Kath. x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 29 Mar 2013 15:27

Kathleen, you could really do with her marriage cert in order to ascertain her age, and the witnesses might offer more clues also.
Jan

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Mar 2013 15:22

Her husband was born in 1918 and they married in 1948 so she was probably born between 1918 and 1930.

Kath. x

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 29 Mar 2013 15:15

What part of the world might she have been born in, and when?

Have you been unable to find a marriage for her father?

WhiffingSiggs

WhiffingSiggs Report 29 Mar 2013 15:08

Trying to find a record of birth and mother's name. Father was Rev. Eustace Hill and she married Henry Close-Smith in 1948. She is listed on The Peerage.com. I'd be grateful for any assistance.