Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Will/Probate records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Solar

Solar Report 30 Mar 2013 09:56

Morning all,

I know my great, great grandfather, William Matthews, died Sept 1930 in Monmouth aged 80. By trade he had been a carpenter and undertaker. The last known address for him, taken from 1911 census, was 61 Machen Road, Broadwell, Coleford. His wife Leah had already died in 1928.
Does anyone know how/where I can search for any possible will or probate for him
Many thanks, Sarah

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 30 Mar 2013 10:01

I'm not seeing a probate record that matches that information, sorry.

Have you got his death certificate for address?

What are you hoping to find?

Solar

Solar Report 30 Mar 2013 10:09

Hi, no I haven't got his death certificate as yet. I was just curious to see if he left a will at all but it appears not.
Thanks everso for checking for me though.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Mar 2013 10:21

The fact that there is no Probate record does not necessarily mean that he did not leave a Will.

ONLY Wills which have been proved appear on the Probate index.

Solar

Solar Report 30 Mar 2013 10:38

Ah I didn't know that, thankyou Reggie