Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

vickers of brighton sussex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 30 Mar 2013 13:15

hi, im hoping someone may be able to help me with info on some of my nans siblings,i am looking for info on arthur thomas vickers b1900 brighton,walter william vickers b1897 brighton, and john r vickers b1914, they are children of thomas and evelyn vickers,(i have traced the other siblings,charles 1893,christina 1895,albert ernest 1898,bertha 1901,leonaed1903,ivy 1906,olive,my nan,doris1910,harold1913) but these brothers have eluded me after the the 1911 census.fingers crossed some vickers cousins may read this and get in touch ,jackie

Flip

Flip Report 30 Mar 2013 13:21

1911 for info:

Arthur Vickers
Age in 1911: 12
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
Relation to Head: Son
Birth Place: Brighton, Sussex
Civil parish: Brighton
County/Island: Sussex
Street Address: 11 Picton Street Brighton
Registration district: Brighton
Registration District Number: 79
Sub-registration district: West Brighton
ED, institution, or vessel: 5
Household schedule number: 54
Piece: 5125
Household Members: Name Age
Thomas Williams Vickers 42
Evelyn Williams Vickers 41
Walter Vickers 14
Arthur Vickers 12
Bertha Vickers 9
Ivy Vickers 4
Olive Vickers 3
Doris Vickers 4/12

Margee

Margee Report 30 Mar 2013 13:37

A tree on Ancestry has 10 children of Thomas Frederick Vickers & Eveline Georgina Standing but no John.

Flip

Flip Report 30 Mar 2013 13:46

Think you are a year out with a couple of the births, including John's:

Births Jun 1915 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vickers John R Standing Brighton 2b 289

But not finding anything on any of your missing children.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Mar 2013 14:03

Arthur and Walter are old enough to have served in WW1. Have you checked out CWGC site for any possible deaths

Flip

Flip Report 30 Mar 2013 14:07

I've checked that GlitterBaby - and nothing with their full names, and those with just first name do not have any "other information". Difficult to be certain.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Mar 2013 14:11

Thought you might have done Flip.

Not found anything.

Flip

Flip Report 30 Mar 2013 14:24

This is all I can see, and there was only 1 Arthur T Vickers reg 1899-1901

Arthur T Vickers
Birth Date: abt 1900
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1961
Age at Death: 61
Registration district: Middlesex South
Inferred County: Middlesex
Volume: 5f
Page: 45

Flip

Flip Report 30 Mar 2013 14:49

Have you asked your parent if he/she remembers having these uncles, or spoken to any of the older family members? Often the best source of information.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 31 Mar 2013 11:49

thankyou for looking,i had looked on the military,and couldnt find anything, my dad died 2003 and my grandparents in 1979 and 1986,none of my cousins from dads brother know anything either, we didnt know there was so many siblings so it shows how much nan spoke about her family, i have traced all the others its just these 3 are elusive, never mind they will crop up when they want to be found i expect, many thanks once again, jackie

Reggie

Reggie Report 31 Mar 2013 11:58

Have you checked emigration records?

Have you looked in 'search all trees'?

Several GR members have one or more of the names in trees on here...............

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 31 Mar 2013 12:50

i havent got access to the emigration records,nd have contaced others researching the sme,we all seem to be stuck with the same 3 people,lol. jackie

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 31 Mar 2013 18:51

update:- have had contact with a descendant of john vickers,also found walter william vickers militry papers,under plain william vickers, am a happy bunny :-)