Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irene May Ann Edwards 30 April 1920

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HelsBels007

HelsBels007 Report 1 Apr 2013 21:16

Would someone be able to do a look up for me please

My mother in law's date of birth was 30/4/1920, from FreeBMD it looks her mother's maiden name was Hillman

Date of death 2007

I'm looking for the name of both parents please and any other information please :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Apr 2013 21:18

So have you looked on FreeBMD for any possible marriages in the names of Edwards and Hillman

Do you have the birth cert or her marriage cert?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Apr 2013 21:23

Possible marriage in 1916 if the same area as the birth

You are going to need some certs

Flip

Flip Report 1 Apr 2013 21:26

Doesn't your husband remember his grandparents names - the marriage GlitterBaby refers to is between a David and Esther? Do you have her marriage certificate for father's name?

HelsBels007

HelsBels007 Report 1 Apr 2013 21:29

Hi ladies
I'm struggling with a search of her parents marriage, FreeBMD has been generating a search for some time now, despite trying several times

My husband does not remember his grand parents and we only have his parents death certificates

Flip

Flip Report 1 Apr 2013 21:49

I would suggest the first thing you do is locate her marriage and order the certificate to get father's name. I'm just guessing, as I don't know her married name, but this looks likely:

Marriages Sep 1941 (>99%)
BOLTON William EDWARDS Cardiff 11a 886 <<<<<<<
Edwards Irene M A Bolton Cardiff 11a 886 <<<<<<<<
Rees Lilian E Teague Cardiff 11a 886
Teague William T Rees Cardiff 11a 886

HelsBels007

HelsBels007 Report 1 Apr 2013 21:58

Hi Flip

Thanks for looking this up - its the 1941 entry for Bolton and Edwards, they were married 2 August - I will arrange to get the marriage certificate

Flip

Flip Report 1 Apr 2013 22:04

Just in case you don't know, make sure you order from GRO it's £9.25 but the commercial sites charge considerably more

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Quote the reference numbers etc.

Incidently if you are having trouble with freebmd try using google chrome as your internet browser, it is sometimes much quicker than internet explorer.

HelsBels007

HelsBels007 Report 1 Apr 2013 22:18

Thanks a lot. Just phoned my brother in law and he said he thinks his grand father was David Edwards, possibly a Docker