Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles Hind - North East England - 1940's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allison

Allison Report 3 Apr 2013 14:46

I'm trying to find relatives of Charlie Hind who lived in the North East - Whitley Bay/North Shields in about 1940. He may have married May Johnson but I can't find any records of this. His children may include Kathleen, Ronnie and Margaret?

Would love to hear from anyone who may have information, many thanks, Allison

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 15:00

Start with 'search all trees'

Where he 'lived' may not be where he was born.............and you'll need to know when and where he was born to research him

Barry

Barry Report 3 Apr 2013 15:02

There is a Hind/Johnson(Louisa M)marriage 1927 and 3 Hind/Johnson births(Northumberland) 1927 to 1937 on freeBMDs
Kathleen M Ronald C and Margaret

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 15:05

Buy the marriage cert......for facts about the man's age, and his father's details.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 15:07

When searching for marriages, it is often better not to include forenames.......unless you are 100% sure of their accuracy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 15:10

Marriages Jun 1927 (>99%)
HIND Charles S B Johnson Durham 10a 790
JOHNSON Louisa M Hind Durham 10a 790
Keirl Isabel Robinson Durham 10a 790
ROBINSON George Keirl Durham 10a 790

1911 census

Person: HIND, Charles Sidney Bellwood Address: 53 Armstrong Road Newcastle on Tyne
C
HIND, Sidney Joseph Head Married M 60 1851 Millwright York VIEW
HIND, Belsey Wife Married40 years F 50 1861 York VIEW
HIND, Elizabeth Annie Daughter Single F 29 1882 Norton Stockron on Lees VIEW
HIND, William Herbert Son Single M 16 1895 Aprentice Fitter And Turner Besswell VIEW
HIND, Charles Sidney Bellwood Grandson Single M 6 1905 Newcastle on Tyne VIEW
ENGLISH, Hagh Boarder Single M 59 1852 Bricklayer Labourer Glasgow Scotland VIEW

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 15:11

I'll let you have the pleasure of finding the marriage of his parents...it would be churlish to deprive you of that

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 15:13

1871 census

Person: HIND, Sidney Jos Address: Goodramgate & Aldwark, St Helen On The Walls, York

HIND, Sidney Jos Head M 20 1851 Yorkshire VIEW
HIND, Betsey Wife F 20 1851 Yorkshire VIEW Piece: 4750 Folio: 66 Page: 2

Barry

Barry Report 3 Apr 2013 15:19

Have found a death for aCharles Sydney Bellwood Hind on a tree on Ancestry and as it is in the not too distant past I wiil pass the info by PM

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 15:22

As long as he's dead, it doesn't matter............it's info about LIVING people about which one has to be careful!!!!!

Barry

Barry Report 3 Apr 2013 15:44

I know it is unlikely that a relative may see it but It may bring back sad memories to someone Reggie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 16:37

Fair enough..........point taken

Did you ask Allison to return to her thread?

Barry

Barry Report 3 Apr 2013 18:31

Reggie
Have had feedback from Allison and she will try, I think , to contact tree owner via the Ancestry sister site , Mundia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 23:28

That wasn't what I asked.

A person asking for help is expected to return to comment on the help provided...........

Allison

Allison Report 4 Apr 2013 08:02

Hi and thanks so much for your help, this has finally pointed me in the right direction after a long time. Whether those found are 'living or dead' though is important as both bring many thoughts and feelings to people. Many thanks Both! Best wishes, Allison