Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hamilton brothers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Aileen

Aileen Report 7 Apr 2013 00:33

Thomas Hamilton born 1886 Enniskillen. Parents Thomas and Margaret Hamilton ms Adamson. Returned to Scotland in 1887 and lived in Edinburgh. I have census information and also his marriage to Helen Sharp in Edinburgh 1911. I know nothing after this.
Also his brother John Adamson Hamilton born Edinburgh 1889. I know John signed his fathers death cert in Edinburgh 1937 but I know nothing else. Can anybody help please?

Potty

Potty Report 7 Apr 2013 09:53

Have you tried looking on scotlandpeople for their deaths?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Apr 2013 12:06

Name: Thomas Hamilton
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: Jan - Mar 1886
Event Place: Enniskillen, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year: Jan - Mar 1886
Registration District: Enniskillen
Mother's Maiden Name:
Volume Number: 2
Page Number: 74
GS Film number: 101061
Digital Folder Number: 004193975
Image Number: 00040

Maura

Maura Report 7 Apr 2013 12:53

Thomas Hamilton married Margaret Adamson 1885 Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh
Thomas father's a Thomas
Margaret father's a John
rootsireland.ie

Aileen

Aileen Report 9 Apr 2013 10:35

Potty....I have done but haven't found them so far. It's difficult as they are fairly common names. I haven't found anything for Tom's wife either using both married and maiden names...I really wonder if Tom and Helen left Scotland hence this request

Aileen

Aileen Report 9 Apr 2013 10:38

Ann and Maura... thank you for your replies....I have the information re the family.
I am trying to find out more about Tom and John after 1911.

Helen

Helen Report 9 Apr 2013 12:01

freesearch on Scotlandspeople

?
Death:
Ellen Hamilton / Sharp
County: Lanark
Distrrict: Pollok

Aileen

Aileen Report 9 Apr 2013 23:45

I will check that out Helen, although Helen Sharp was born 1884 which would make the age a bit out..... thank you....