Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding exact death date please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 9 Apr 2013 11:27

Hi I am currently trying to obtain Military Records for John T Pemberton however I
could not get the exact death date. Is there a way as I need that to get a death cert.
He served with the Bucks and Oxford Light Infantry from 1934 onwards.Appreciate any help.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 9 Apr 2013 11:31

You do not as far as I am aware require the exact date of death in order to be able to obtain a copy of a death certificate.

I presume that you know his date of birth and his approximate date and place of death. If so if you post those details then someone will I'm sure look at the death index (Available online up to 2005) to see if they can obtain the GRO reference for you.

If he left a will which went to probate the probate record should show his actual date of death.

Anne

Anne Report 9 Apr 2013 11:36

Hi Jonesey when I entered Nov as death month but no actual date it rejected the application.I knew only year 1988 and November.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 9 Apr 2013 11:40

Is this your man?

Name: John Tatersall Pemberton
Birth Date: 24 Sep 1916
Date of Registration: Nov 1988
Age at Death: 72
Registration district: Durham Western
Inferred County: Durham
Volume: 1
Page: 1636

If so order the death certificate using the Volume and Page numbers.

Anne

Anne Report 9 Apr 2013 11:44

Yes thats him thankyou will do that much obliged.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2013 11:49

Just a small point, which may help with your application for the service records.......

It was the Ox & Bucks........not the other way round. My brother in law served with them

Anne

Anne Report 22 Apr 2013 15:23

Sorry Reggie just saw your reply thankyou.