Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

edward thomas humphreys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GJ

GJ Report 14 Apr 2013 19:43

he left home in 1895 aged 21 yrs, would love to hear from anyone who has him on their tree

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Apr 2013 19:47

If you look under "search" in the top bar and then "search all trees" you can see for yourself if anyone has this person in their tree and you can then contact the tree owner direct.

Kath. x

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 14 Apr 2013 19:54

Hello GJ, if you can tell us what part of the world he was from, who his family were and when he was last "seen" then perhaps we can help .....

How do you know he left home 1895, what were the circumstances?

Mike *

Mike * Report 14 Apr 2013 20:36

Is this him ?

Births Jun 1874
Humphreys Edward Thomas - Llanfyllin 11b 267

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Apr 2013 20:56

Earlier thread with a couple of census reports:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/trying_to_find/thread/1112698

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Apr 2013 20:59

In addition to 1881 and 1901 censuses on other thread:

????

1911 Wales Census about Edward Humphreys
Name: Edward Humphreys
Age in 1911: 36
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1875
Relation to Head: Head
Birth Place: Llanrhaiadr, Montgomeryshire, Wales
Civil parish: Llanrhaiadr yn Mochnant South
County/Island: Montgomeryshire
Street Address: Tanyffordd Penygarnedd Oswestry
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 5
Estimated Marriage Year: 1906
Registration district: Llanfyllin
Registration District Number: 618
Sub-registration district: Llanrhaiadr
ED, institution, or vessel: 06
Household schedule number: 14
Piece: 33889
Household Members:
Name Age
Edward Humphreys 36
Cathrine Humphreys 32
Mair Morfudd Humphreys 18/12

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Apr 2013 21:12

Although, if the 1901 and 1911 census reports are the right ones, he seems to have stayed in the area, so don't know how his parents couldn't find him.
Perhaps the story was embroidered over the years, perhaps he just wouldn't have anything to do with them, or perhaps it's another Edward Humphreys.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 15 Apr 2013 14:05

New poster - friendly message on how to return to thread sent. :-)

GJ

GJ Report 15 Apr 2013 15:07

thank you for all your replies, but argyllgran, this is another Edward, not mine. Mike, you have the right one, but I already have all the birth/family details...its just that he disappeared apparently after an argument with his parent aged 21. His parents spent the rest of their lives looking for him, and it seems like I,ll be doing the same! Seems he covered his tracks very well.

GJ

GJ Report 15 Apr 2013 15:11

I,ve also already searched the trees on here, and cant find him. Argyllgran..the previous thread link was mine from a few yrs ago. have been trying to find him for about 15 yrs..was hoping I could have found out what happened to him for my mother and her one remaining cousin, but they,ve both died now.