Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for sarah Ann Kelly

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Essnell

Essnell Report 18 May 2013 14:20

Hi Maryb, thankyou for looking :-)

I figured that divorce might not have occurred but the fact that Fanny was known by two surnames is quite confusing.

Fanny Craggs died on the 10th December 1886 in Cullingworth Keighley. I have no idea of the street address. being that at some time between 1881 and 1886 the family moved to Keighley. and that John, the father, was not with them in 1881.

Thanks for letting me know that 10 Crossroads is close to where Annie and Ellen were in 1891. I hadn't checked this.

FOR EVERYONE _ I have just discovered another little note book over 100 yrs old with several addresses in it. One is Ellen's sister - then Annie Lambert - Annie had married James Lambert. and this ties in with a letter from James dated 1911.

Essnell

mgnv

mgnv Report 18 May 2013 17:01

I think Essnell did a lookup at http://www.yorkshirebmd.org.uk/ and found:

Yorkshire Birth indexes for the years: 1869
Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Mother's Maiden Name Reference
KELLY Sarah A Bradford East Bradford BFDE/70/31

Next to the search box for "Mother's Maiden Name:(Optional)" is the following:
"Note: Not all entries have the Mother's maiden name indexed. If you specify that the Mother's maiden surname must match, the entries where no maiden name has been indexed will be shown in the results also. In these cases, the Mother's maiden name on the certificate may or may not be the one you seek."

Essnell

Essnell Report 19 May 2013 09:29

Hi mgnv,

Essnell here - yes I did do a search for Sarah Ann Kelly - on FreeBMD and the Yorkshire BMD you have quoted.

I would like to find more definite information on a person my Gmother knew as another daughter of her mother but with the surname "Kelly" My G-mother's maiden surname was "Graggs"
In order to try to get a better search match I entered Massey into the 'Mother's name' field. Whether or not this was used I couldn't say. Also there may not have been this info supplied.

It was stated on my G-mother's bith cert but this was provided by the documented father John Craggs.

If Sarah Ann really was the daughter of Fanny Graggs /Kelly [nee Massey] she would have been born before 1870 because Joseph Craggs was born in that year.

Essnell.