Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

McEwan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nita61

Nita61 Report 19 Apr 2013 13:18

Hi all, I am desperately trying to trace my husband's Scottish relations. His father's name is James (Jim) McEwan, born October 1932. His parents were Robert & Isabelle and he had a brother named Adam and a sister Isabel who married John Murdoch. I would appreciate any help at all.

Many thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2013 13:27

Scottish info can be found on Scotland's people website

It is pay-to-view. so lookups are not on offer

Once you know the birth years and parents' names of the grandparents, you should be able to find them in censuses, which are on FMP and Ancestry (up to 1901)
1911 census is ONLY on SP

The marriage cert for Robert & Isabelle will give you the necessary details

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 20 Apr 2013 18:47

New poster - friendly message sent on how to return to thread. :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Apr 2013 22:08

might be a good idea Cynthia if we had a "stickied post" on how to return to a thread

mgnv

mgnv Report 20 Apr 2013 22:58

I think your next step is to buy some credits on SP and thence get Robt & Isabella's m.cert - this would name their parents, and you should be able to find them in 1911, most likely.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Apr 2013 15:33

Doubt it would get read Ann.

As you know, I've been doing this for years - only decided recently to post on the threads and say that I have sent a message. :-)