Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

An old/new source of family records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pelo

pelo Report 24 Apr 2013 07:07

Due to the very considerable earthquake destruction & trashing of a large amount of historical data our Library Service is pulling out all stops to put on the shelves a variety of unusual historical family records not usually readily available.

Last week I spend 3 half days searching through a post-grad students doctoral thesis covering the founding of methodism, the major families involved & their family histories & connections. By chance this all occurred wihin a 25km radius from where I live & the families all came from the Tyne & Wear areas. Great for me.

The research librarian said their are 1000's of these theses on library shelves as references throughout the world & a great source of family history.
Worked for me, maybe it will for you (but you can't borrow them!)

pelo

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 24 Apr 2013 16:04

I don't understand this post. Has there been an Earthquake in Tyne & Wear?

Where is this library please and why are they trashing historical data?

Elaine

Elaine Report 24 Apr 2013 18:40

thats what i thought too Malcolm....not seen anything on news though

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 24 Apr 2013 20:51

Must say I didn't feel a thing!