Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

An old/new source of family records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pelo

pelo Report 24 Apr 2013 07:07

Due to the very considerable earthquake destruction & trashing of a large amount of historical data our Library Service is pulling out all stops to put on the shelves a variety of unusual historical family records not usually readily available.

Last week I spend 3 half days searching through a post-grad students doctoral thesis covering the founding of methodism, the major families involved & their family histories & connections. By chance this all occurred wihin a 25km radius from where I live & the families all came from the Tyne & Wear areas. Great for me.

The research librarian said their are 1000's of these theses on library shelves as references throughout the world & a great source of family history.
Worked for me, maybe it will for you (but you can't borrow them!)

pelo

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 24 Apr 2013 16:04

I don't understand this post. Has there been an Earthquake in Tyne & Wear?

Where is this library please and why are they trashing historical data?

Elaine

Elaine Report 24 Apr 2013 18:40

thats what i thought too Malcolm....not seen anything on news though

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 24 Apr 2013 20:51

Must say I didn't feel a thing!