Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sarah Addy born c1799 in stonehouse, Devon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 11 May 2013 15:35

I am trying it find who Sarah parents are to research her line backwards. She is my 4xgreat grandmother.

She married Edward Littlejohns in 1817 after his first wife died and then she passed away in 1861.

I can't find any possible baptisms, but have found a few similarities in some things that I am trying to piece together to determined who her parents are.

If someone could look at the marriage of Sarah Addy in 1817 stoke dameral and then compare to the Marriage of Henry Adday in 1824 in Stoke Dameral. You will see how Henry Adday signs his mark, is that the same signature as the Witness on Sarah Addy's marriage in 1817?

Also the witness Elizabeth lee on Sarah Addys marriage I have also found on a marriage of Elizabeth Eddey in 1816. Then on this Elizabeth marriage in 1816 there is another witness Henry Eddey. This Henry Eddey is also a witness I believe on a marriage of Richard Eddey in 1819

On Sarah's marriage can anyone work out the initial for the Eddey witness. I have been looking at other Addy/Eddy etc marriages incase she was a witness and it gave me clues to perhaps a sibling, hence all the details other other marriages above,

Any other input to try and work this all out would be appreciated.

You can see my other post on this, on another website here:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=304341.0

So not to waste anyone's time going over things I have already looked at so far. I have everything for her from her marriage to her death, so don't need anything from there, it is trying to trace her roots backwards which is giving me the grief.

Thanks in advance