Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Herbert Walker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

glyn

glyn Report 22 May 2013 21:54

Hello I am still trying to trace the history about my Fathers Father he was born in1889 we think in Halifax ,Yorkshire he was then we believe adopted by a Canadian family called Van Leuven from Hamilton,Ontario before joining the Navy .In1912 in Devonport,Devon he married my Gran Louie Walker nee Potter but we know nothing about his parents except it looks like his father was called John I got this from the Wedding Certificate can anybody help any more thanks Glyn Walker.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 May 2013 21:55

Hello Glyn, when you say "still trying to trace" do you have a previous thread on him?

glyn

glyn Report 22 May 2013 21:57

Yes dated 28th April

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 May 2013 21:59

Here's a link to that thread.

Glyn, the best thing to do is to add a request to the bottom of the previous thread saying that you're still looking for info - that moves it to the top of the boards so people will see it. I'm afraid it's against Genes terms & conditions to have more than one thread about a person.

I'll nudge the old thread up.

EDIT: Here's the link I forgot to put in!
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1323811

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 22 May 2013 22:00

If you just add a reply to your original thread it will bring it back up the boards.

All you have to say is something like - still need help