Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George French (1891-1976)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JannieAnnie

JannieAnnie Report 11 Jun 2013 14:47

ANSWERED

Good Afternoon

Would someone please post the GRO Ref for George Charles William French (died Q4 1976 - Poplar and Bethnal Green) for me please. I've tried but he is not appearing on FreeBMD for some reason.

Thank you.
J-A

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 11 Jun 2013 14:55

Civil Registration event: Death
Print Close Name: FRENCH, George Charles W
Registration district: Poplar & Bethnal Green
County: London
Year of registration: 1976
Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Date of birth: 23 July 1891
Volume no: 14
Page no: 1371

George

JannieAnnie

JannieAnnie Report 11 Jun 2013 14:56

That's him - thank you George

J-A

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 Jun 2013 15:08

The work on FreeBMD is done by volunteers so the coverage will not be uptodate

JannieAnnie

JannieAnnie Report 11 Jun 2013 15:24

Thanks GlitterBaby, I had hoped I might find him on there as some 1976 deaths are there, unfortunately not his, and I wanted to order his DC this afternoon but didn't want to have to wait for GRO to do the search, as I didn't want to wait 3 weeks. Thanks to George_of_Westbury my George will be on his way soon.

J-A

JannieAnnie

JannieAnnie Report 3 Apr 2014 13:18

I am adding to this thread - not because it is really about George but possibly about some children who may belong to George

I know George married Lily Tucker - I have that family information (or so I believed) until I decided to make a few additional notes on this family. So, using FreeBMD I searched for births with French with MMN Tucker 1912 to 1930, focussing on East London.

I found what I expected but also 2 other births I did not expect::

Births Sep 1919   (>99%)

French  Margaret M  Tucker  Bethnal G.

Births Dec 1926   (>99%)

French  James F  Tucker  Bethnal G.

So now I am on the trail.

Firstly, I wondered whether there was another French/Tucker marriage in the area, checked that and none seem likely (not 100%sure though). Then I looked at the 2 unexpected births, they fit in the gaps between the expected births.

Next I checked deaths:

Deaths Dec 1921   (>99%)

French  Margaret M  2  Brighton  

Deaths Jun 1927   (>99%)

French  James F  0  Bethnal G.

As the deaths tie up with the births, it looks as if they are all the same family. I wondered whether anyone can see anything I may have missed? I may need to consider the the birth and death certificates at some point.

Thank you

J-A

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2014 13:29

Surely this is the child which died..............

Births Jun 1919 (>99%)
French Margaret M Park Brighton 2b 255

JannieAnnie

JannieAnnie Report 3 Apr 2014 13:33

Thank you Reggie - didn't think to check Brighton Births - so I will see if I can find a marriage for the Bethnal Green Margaret M.....

Update: Reggie, thanks I have checked again and placed Margaret M born 1919 marrying in East London.

Just my query on James - so will get the cert.

Thank you