Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Minear family from Trenarren near St.Austell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Russell George

Russell George Report 20 Jun 2013 20:21

My father was Martin George Minear who had a brother called William and three sisters named Rosemary,Edith and Barbara.My Grandfather was called George and Grandmother Edith (Mary), I spent a short day in trenarren sometime ago as my father gave me a map,showing which houses he had lived in the area during his childhood.
If anyone knew my grandparents or my Uncles and Aunts i would be pleased to hear from you.
Many Thanks

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 20 Jun 2013 20:31

Hello - you'll probably have more luck searching trees to see if anyone else has them, unlikely anyone knowing them will see this message.

What timeframe are you referring to?

What are you hoping to find?

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jun 2013 21:27

Try Friends reunited.......it has an address section

For time-scale.....................

Marriages Sep 1920 (>99%)
Menear George Taylor St.Austell 5c 241
Taylor Edith M Menear St.Austell 5c 241

Seven births on freebmd.............two infant deaths

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jun 2013 21:34

William's wife

Death
Name: MINEAR, Malinda Rhoda
Registration district:Truro
County: Cornwall
Year of registration: 2005
Month of registration: March
Date of Birth:30 June 1916
District no: 3701C
Reg no: C1D
Ent no: 107
DOR: 305

Births Sep 1916 (>99%)
Mufford Melinda R Atkins Redruth 5c 284

Three sons...................

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jun 2013 21:40

William is on the ER up to 2008

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Jun 2013 13:28

As Russell is a new poster, I will send him a friendly message on how to return to his thread. :-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 21 Jun 2013 20:14

I guess Russell George got your message Cynthia as I've received a pm - he has initiated contact with some other members.

ADDED:

This was part of the pm received:

"I was hoping to find a relative who could tell me more about my grandfather who i never met as a child,and possibly something about his father. "

Russell - do you know who George's father was? If you buy a copy of George and Mary Edith's marriage certificate it will at least tell you his father's name and occupation (providing he knew him) so you can then start tracing the family back.

Russell George

Russell George Report 22 Jun 2013 15:21

Thanks Marie for your recent post,i just received this morning that very certificate his name was Samuel and plan to do some more research over the weekend.
It seems the surname has changed from Minear to Menear and i know the census records are right and all dates tally.
Also I've learnt not to assume my grandmother came from Cornwall just because she was married there,as I've now found out she was born in Devon.

Many Thanks

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Jun 2013 18:16

Hello Russell, the surname may not have actually changed - it may just be a typo or mistranscription (very common occurrences). You'll possibly come across all sorts of variations of names as you progress your research.

Do you know of this site http://www.cornwall-opc-database.org/home/ extremely useful for researching Cornish ancestors, there are quite a few Minears on there.

Good luck with your research, do come back on this thread if you need any further help with the family.

Potty

Potty Report 12 Jul 2013 13:02

Barbara, you should remove your email address - against the site's T&Cs - and this is a public board and your message will be viewable by everybody. In fact, as you say your husband wants to keep this private, you should delete the post as it will be searchable on Google very shortly.

To contact Russell directly, click on his name and send him a private message through GR.

Will send Barbara a PM in case she doesn't see the above.