Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts


ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


Kathleen Report 30 Jun 2013 13:12

i have my dads number & corps but cant find him any help please :-(

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Mike *

Mike * Report 30 Jun 2013 13:17

Best help I can give you is firstly to give proper details.

Where and when ?
Are you talking WW1, WW2 or prison ? :-D


MarieCeleste Report 30 Jun 2013 13:18

Hello Kathleen, we could try to help you if you give us more info - full name, place and date of birth etc.

What is bees?


Cynthia Report 1 Jul 2013 13:06

MC, Bees is the name which Kathleen is researching - she has the name in her tree.

I'll send her a friendly reminder of how to return to her thread. :-)


Reggie Report 1 Jul 2013 13:09

If he served at any time after WW1, you will have to apply for his records..............which will cost £30.00, unless your mother is alive, and can make the application.

You may be asked to provide proof of his death, and of your being his next of kin.

If he served during WW1, you have to bear in mind that only about 30% of WW1 records survived a WW2 bombing raid


Reggie Report 1 Jul 2013 13:16


'corps' is an Army unit........nothing to do with prison


Cynthia Report 3 Jul 2013 19:47

I've had 2 replies from Kathleen just now. It seems she is struggling with responding. I'll try and get her back on here :-)


Kathleen Report 7 Jul 2013 23:08

Sorry everone my dad was Fredrick john Bees his number was 1797885 & was in coy pioneer corps enlisted 24-4-1941 :-)


KathleenBell Report 7 Jul 2013 23:15

His records will still be with the M.O.D. You won't find them online.

Have a look at this site to find out how to apply for them:-

They cost about £30 and take quite a few months to arrive.

Kath. x


Cynthia Report 8 Jul 2013 09:10

Glad you made it back Kathleen........ :-)

Mike *

Mike * Report 15 Jul 2013 15:08

When you say you cannot find anything about him do you mean his military service ?
You already now his birthdate so assumingly you have his birth cert giving you his parents names.

PM received .....

yes Mike I have his date birth & my g/fathers details need to know about my father


Reggie Report 15 Jul 2013 15:12


You have been advised already that you will have to apply for his records.................

They will cost you £30.00, and you may be asked to provide proof that he is deceased, and that you are his next of kin......................

Please respond on here........................use the large box entitled, 'Add your reply'

Mike *

Mike * Report 15 Jul 2013 15:13

If still looking for information I would untick the "mark as answered" box.

From his birth cert can you give us as much info as poss. Where born, Parents names etc


Kathleen Report 17 Aug 2013 15:28

I have sent for information I dont know how long it will take :-|