Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Annie Corcoran

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Jul 2013 22:31

please can anyone tell me who lived at 50 ANDREW STREET, LLANELLY, CARMARTHENSHIRE in 1914, or anything about this address. I know a Annie Corcoran lived, or was staying there that year, but who else?.

wendy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jul 2013 23:18

There is no census info for 1914.........and the electoral franchise was extremely limited in that era. Annie, for one, would not have been recorded

You could contact the main public library in Llanelli and ask if they are able/willing to carry out an ER search. They may charge for so doing - they may decline so to do

Presumably, you have a birth cert for a child born to this lady at that address?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jul 2013 23:20

Is this the birth?

Births Jun 1914 (>99%)
CORCORAN Joseph T Corcoran Llanelly 11a 2624

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jul 2013 23:21

1911 census

Address: 50 Andrew ST

222 PHILLIPS, Thomas Head Married M 30 1881 Labourer Steel Works Carmarthen Llanelly VIEW
222 PHILLIPS, Sarah Matilda Wife Married
9 years F 28 1883 Kent Lewisham VIEW
222 PHILLIPS, Emma Kate Daughter Single F 6 1905 School Kent Lewisham VIEW
222 PHILLIPS, Sarah Jane Daughter Single F 4 1907 School Kent Lewisham VIEW
222 PHILLIPS, David Thomas Son Single M 2 1909 Carmarthen Llanelly VIEW
222 KNIGHT, William Boarder Single M 36 1875 Labourer On Pubic Roads Middlex Southall VIEW
222 GAMMON, William Boarder Single M 40 1871 House Painter Glamorgan Swansea VIEW

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 4 Jul 2013 13:21

Hello Wendy and welcome to the Community Boards.

Reggie, as Wendy is a new poster, I'll send her a friendly message as to how to return to her thread. :-)

Wendy

Wendy Report 10 Jul 2013 21:55

Thank you Reggie, any scrap of info could help, please excuse my ignorance but what is a ER search.

wendy

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Jul 2013 22:07

Hello Wendy, ER is the Electoral Roll (voters list). Given the era, Annie probably wouldn't have been eligible to vote.

Was the birth that Reggie posted the subject of your enquiry?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Jul 2013 22:11

There's a tree on Ancestry has Joseph Terence Corcoran with parents Arthur James Roberts and Elizabeth nee Walters (presumable adoptive parents going by the surname).

Wendy

Wendy Report 10 Jul 2013 23:28

Yes, the birth for Annie Corcoran is the subject of my posting, and the tree is mine ,and yes he was adopted. I thought after what ER is, it's just too hot to think straight.