Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Gibbons c1822

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 5 Jul 2013 20:26

trying to find a marriage between above and Mary Jane Roberts, or birth of either of them. He was born Dublin, have them both in 1851 and 1861 census living Liverpool, then Stockport, have his death cert Hyde and burial. their children were Ellen 1853-1892, Mary 1855, Robert 1857 born in tintwistle, Cheshire then Francis 1860 and Nicholas 1862 born Hyde.

Anybody birth or marriage of the parents, I have the children and later just cant go further back.

Lynne

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2013 20:29

Have you found either of them in 1841?
Where was Mary born?
Thank-you

Added:
She was born in North Wales, 1825.

alviegal

alviegal Report 5 Jul 2013 20:55

1851 for reference only.

1851 census transcription details for: 21, Cheapside, Liverpool
Print Close

National Archive Reference:
RG number: HO107
Piece: 2179
Folio: 823
Page: 55
Reg. District: Liverpool
Sub District: Dale Street
Parish: Liverpool
Enum. District: 1V
Ecclesiastical District:
City/Municipal Borough: Liverpool
Address: 21, Cheapside, Liverpool
County: Lancashire
Name Relation Condition Sex Age Birth Year Occupation , Disability Where Born
GIBBONS, Michael Head Married M 28 1823 Tailor Journeyman
Ireland Dublin
GIBBONS, Mary Wife Married F 25 1826
Carnarvonshire, North Wales

Lynne

Lynne Report 6 Jul 2013 09:13

Yes she was born Caernarvon I have them in 1841 and 1851 census, I have his death cert, Mary then remarried but its their marriage and birth seems impossible to find so I cant get back. I have a possible parent for Mary but I dont want to presume. I also have a possible census 1841 for Michael but dont want to guess.

thanks for taking a look

Lynne