Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Samuel James Newell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dianna

Dianna Report 22 Jul 2013 05:27

I am looking for the birth of Samuel James Newell dob 11 4 1872
he was either born somewhere in England or New Plymouth Taranaki New Zealand
I have not been able to find him on any ships coming to NZ

Vera

Vera Report 22 Jul 2013 06:13

Hi,
There is a Samuel ( no second name) born June Qtr 1872 in Shropshire.....Do you have his marriage certificate....for fathers name or any other of his family details please.

Regards Vera

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 22 Jul 2013 07:23

Can't see a birth for him in NZ.

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jul 2013 07:36

There is this one .

Transcription
First Name: S J Last Name: NEWELL Title: Age Transcribed: 28 Year: 1899 Departure Month: 9 Departure Day: 7 Ship Name: CAMBROMAN Ship Departure Port: LIVERPOOL Destination Port: MONTREAL State: Country: CANADA Destination: MONTREAL Destination Place Country: CANADA Gender: Marital Status: Occupation: FARMER Birth Year: 1871 Birth Month: Birth Day: Country Of Birth: Last Residence Country: UK Address: Ship Official Number: Ship Master's First Name: Ship Master's Surname: MOORE Ship Master's Title: Shipping line: DOMINION LINE City: LIVERPOOL Ship Destination Port: MONTREAL Ship Destination Country: CANADA Ship Square Feet: 2517 Ship Registered Tonnage: 3552 Number Of Passengers: 194 Record set: Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 Category: Travel & migration Record collection: Passenger lists Collections from: Australasia, Great Britain, Ireland, United States

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Jul 2013 10:27

Hello Dianna, welcome to the boards.

What else can you tell us about Samuel James?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jul 2013 11:39

How do you link to him?

Did he marry?

Bear in mind that, in England/Wales, there were no penalties until 1875 for not registering births

Have you looked for baptism info?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jul 2013 15:18

Did he stay in New Zealand and die there?

If so, I believe burial ( or is it death? ) records indicate how many years they have lived in New Zealand.

I found this type of information recorded, but like you have not found a list showing my link's entry into NZ c. 1859

Gwyn

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 23 Jul 2013 11:42

As Dianna is a new poster, I will send a friendly message on how to return to her thread. :-)