Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry- New Zealand electoral rolls 1853-1981

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LandJ

LandJ Report 10 Sep 2013 22:50

Would be grateful for information on Rhoswyn Mordecai, Wellington, NZ, her name appears on the electoral rolls but I don't have the right subscription to view the details.
Thanks,
Jane

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Sep 2013 22:54

This one?

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls, 1853-1981
Name: Rhoswyn Mordecai
Electoral Year: 1972
District: Heretaunga
Region or Province: Wellington

Occupation = Clerical Assistant. Living 71 Wyndham Road. At same address is Allan Rhys Mordecai (technician) and David Rhys M Mordecai (builder).

ADDED: In 1978 she's at the same address, as is David Rhys M.

LandJ

LandJ Report 10 Sep 2013 22:59

Marie Celeste,
That's the one, thanks very much.
Jane

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Sep 2013 23:00

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls, 1853-1981
Name: David R M Mordecai
Electoral Year: 1963
District: Heretaunga
Region or Province: Wellington

On this one, the other person at 71 Wyndham Road is Alma Mordecai occupation = "married".

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Sep 2013 23:01

Hi Jane, what is it you're trying to find?

Persephone

Persephone Report 11 Sep 2013 17:34

I can contact her for you if you wish.. I have her married name and where she works etc.

I was just in her area the other week when I was on holiday..

Persie

LandJ

LandJ Report 11 Sep 2013 19:20

Thanks everyone for your replies.I thought it was such an un- usual name and that there might have been a connection to my family, but now realise that there isn't. I've found that the person I have in my tree died in Wales in the 1960's.
Jane