Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry- New Zealand electoral rolls 1853-1981

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LandJ

LandJ Report 10 Sep 2013 22:50

Would be grateful for information on Rhoswyn Mordecai, Wellington, NZ, her name appears on the electoral rolls but I don't have the right subscription to view the details.
Thanks,
Jane

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Sep 2013 22:54

This one?

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls, 1853-1981
Name: Rhoswyn Mordecai
Electoral Year: 1972
District: Heretaunga
Region or Province: Wellington

Occupation = Clerical Assistant. Living 71 Wyndham Road. At same address is Allan Rhys Mordecai (technician) and David Rhys M Mordecai (builder).

ADDED: In 1978 she's at the same address, as is David Rhys M.

LandJ

LandJ Report 10 Sep 2013 22:59

Marie Celeste,
That's the one, thanks very much.
Jane

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Sep 2013 23:00

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls, 1853-1981
Name: David R M Mordecai
Electoral Year: 1963
District: Heretaunga
Region or Province: Wellington

On this one, the other person at 71 Wyndham Road is Alma Mordecai occupation = "married".

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 10 Sep 2013 23:01

Hi Jane, what is it you're trying to find?

Persephone

Persephone Report 11 Sep 2013 17:34

I can contact her for you if you wish.. I have her married name and where she works etc.

I was just in her area the other week when I was on holiday..

Persie

LandJ

LandJ Report 11 Sep 2013 19:20

Thanks everyone for your replies.I thought it was such an un- usual name and that there might have been a connection to my family, but now realise that there isn't. I've found that the person I have in my tree died in Wales in the 1960's.
Jane