Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Druids Lodge, Leeds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 20 Sep 2013 20:10

My husbands grandfather used to go to meetings of the Druids Lodge in Leeds - area uncertain. His name was Arthur W Hewitt.
Can anyone tell me anything about this organisation or where I might try looking? Google has not proved helpful

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Sep 2013 20:23

King Edward the Third Lodge | Druidic Dawn
Sun, 10/09/2011 - 12:47 — Astrocelt Druid Order: UAOD Lodge Number: 54 Town: Leeds, Yorkshire, England Place of Meeting: Great Woodhouse Earliest Date Seen: 1841
www.druidicdawn.org/node/2771 - Cached

Good Intention Lodge | Druidic Dawn
Fri, 10/07/2011 - 12:39 — Astrocelt Druid Order: UAOD Lodge Number: 110 Address: New Inn, Churwell, Leeds, Yorkshire. Town: Churwell, Leeds, Yorkshire, England.
www.druidicdawn.org/node/2730 - Cached

The National Archives | National Register of Archives ...
Ancient Order of Druids: King Edward III Lodge no 54, Leeds (1) Leeds, Yorkshire: Ancient Order of Druids: Lewes Coronation Lodge (1) Lewes, Sussex:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/nra/browser/?corporate/page/... - Cached
More results from nationalarchives.gov.uk »
West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds: 1997 Accessions
West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds: ... United Ancient Order of Druids Friendly Society, King Edward III lodge no. 54: records 1832-1985 (4228)
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/accessions/?1997/97returns/97... - Cached

Welcome to West End House - History
The Yorkshire Hussar, Stanningley: Wilfred Tordoff: The Cardigan Arms, Bramley: Walter Tordoff: ... The Druids Lodge: 1921-1922: The Steam Engine Workers Society .
www.westendleeds.co.uk/history - Cached

Carol

Carol Report 20 Sep 2013 21:06

Thank you Ann. I don't really know what a Druids Lodge was, but this will give me a start. Regards Carol

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Sep 2013 22:41

http://www.druidicdawn.org/druidic_values

http://www.druidicdawn.org/celticanddruidarchive/fraternaldruids/lodgeindex/search?page=5&sort=asc&order=Town

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Order_of_Druids

Carol

Carol Report 25 Sep 2013 20:50

Thanks ArgllGran. Something to read! Doesn't sound like an ordinary guy from a grotty area of Leeds would have been involved in this...but hey!
Thanks, Carol