Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whitchurch Cemetery, Wales Lookup Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TracyJames

TracyJames Report 24 Sep 2013 08:52

Hi There

I've just found two ancestors who according to Family Search are buried at Whitchurch Cemetery, Glamorgan, Wales and am hoping someone can help with burial details and headstone photo's. Am happy to do lookups myself but have looked and looked for a cemetery database and can't find one.

Their names are:

JAMES George Herbert b.1878 & d.1888 Cardiff
JAMES Gertrude Elizabeth b.1874 Monmouth d.1898 Cardiff

Am hoping the rest of their family are buried there also but have been told that they may be at Pant Cemetery which is close to Merthyr Tydfil but have also been unable to find a database for this cemetery.

Appreciate any help you can give ;-)

Kind Regards

Tracy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Sep 2013 10:50

i dont think that info is online . you may to try the Parks and cemeteries dept of the local council and/or contact the cemetery direct

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Sep 2013 12:07

I live in Whitchurch, tht is my church and I have the parish records - I'll take a look and see what's in there

I wondering if the Pant cemetary you refer to is the other cemetary in Whichurch, Pantmawr

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Sep 2013 12:15

George Herbert died aged 10, buried 14th August 1888 - St Mary's churchyard
His address is given as Taffs Well Junction - Taffs Well is about three miles up the road from me

Gertrude Elizabeth died aged 23, buried 1st June 1898, St Mary's again = her address is given as Canton, a suburb of central Cardiff

TracyJames

TracyJames Report 24 Sep 2013 13:01

Thanks so much Ann

Would you mind if I contacted you privately with regards my James family?

Kind Regards

Tracy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Sep 2013 13:25

that's fine Tracy

TracyJames

TracyJames Report 24 Sep 2013 13:36

Thanks Ann

It's getting late here so will send you a PM tomorrow. Am so glad I posted this request as looking for my James family has been like looking for a needle in a haystack at times.

My gg grandfather was station master at Taffs Well and he and his family lived near the Walnut Tree Bridge. Will fill you in on rest tomorrow......

Kind Regards

Tracy