Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anybody know?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 31 Jan 2014 13:01

I was adopted and believe my mother is dead i would like to know where she is buried and what she died from, please help if you can. Her single name was Nellie watterson and marriad name was Clark, she moved after my birth in wolverhampton to live for years i believe in warrington area and Cheshire. Appreciate any information any one can give me about her. I also have a sister Patricia lilian was fostered by gorton in wolverhampton and moved to live in warrington with Nellie when she was about sixteen years of age.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2014 13:06

When was Nellie born?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2014 13:08

Marriages Mar 1926 (>99%)
Clark Clarence Watterson Warrington 8c 233
Watterson Nellie Clark Warrington 8c 233

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2014 13:14

Which one?

Births Mar 1905 (>99%)
Watterson Nellie Wolverhampton 6b 640

Births Sep 1909 (>99%)
Watterson Nellie Wolverhampton 6b 628

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2014 13:17

Death
Name: CLARK, Nellie
Registration district:
Warrington County: Cheshire
Year of registration: 1984
Month of registration: July
Date of Birth:14 January 1905
Volume no: 35
Page no: 881
Reg no: 784

The ONLY death in Warrington district after 1926 for the name.

A copy of the cert will cost £9.25 ordered on line from the GRO

it will tell you her address and the cause of death - also, the informant's details may prove helpful

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2014 13:18

Death

Name: CLARK, Clarence
Registration district: Warrington
County: Lancashire
Year of registration: 1970
Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Date of Birth:8 December 1896
Volume no: 10F
Page no: 2218

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Jan 2014 13:50

so were both of you maiden name Watterson?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2014 15:06

Jane

Respond ON HERE, please.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 31 Jan 2014 15:32

Hello Jane and welcome to the boards.

To reply on here........type in the white box at the bottom and click on the green "submit" box.

Prickles. :-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 31 Jan 2014 15:54

No idea if it's relevant......but there is a Watterson/Knight marriage registered 1981 in Wolverhampton.

patchem

patchem Report 31 Jan 2014 18:14

Could you say when your sister Patricia Lilian was born, please?

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 1 Feb 2014 01:54

If Nellie was born 1905 and married in Warrington in 1926, and had a daughter Jane presumably before marriage, that puts Jane at around 90 years old. So yes, her mother is likely dead.

Surely we are looking in the wrong era.

Jane, when were you born?

Meg

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 1 Feb 2014 07:55

If you read Jane's post...she gives a name for the foster family....I keep looking at a birth in Wolverhampton in Q2 1941 with surnames that seem correct (easy to find so I am not posting details) which could be her sister

Then in 1964 in Warrington there is a marriage for the same Christian names and what I believe was the fostered name

Jude

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2014 09:04

Jane's birth is on freebmd................Jane is not her registered first forename

The info posted is her mother, and her mother's husband

I have asked Jane to return.............................
she did look at the thread once.............

Jane

Jane Report 1 Feb 2014 13:46

Still learning about this site. Thanks Reggie you have been very helpful.

Jane

Jane Report 1 Feb 2014 14:00

Thanks to jude and prickly and everybody else trying to help i would just like to gather as much information as i can about my relatives before i die. So keep going there is much work to do yet and i welcome any help you can give. It would be good to know my fathers first name and i was led to believe all my life his surname name was clark and my birth name was clark. I believe they broke up and i was adopted but i dont really know anything only different tales i have been told by different people.

Christina(Lancashire)

Christina(Lancashire) Report 1 Feb 2014 14:23

Warrington Cemeteries Department's Burial Records are searchable online. Searching for Nellie Clark shows only one result........

B/C Number: 942
Date: 06/07/1984
Deceased: Nellie Clark
Service: Burial Direct to Grave
Cemetery: Warrington Cemetery
Section: CG SEC XE TURF
Grave: 45

Also in the same grave is Jack o'wise Clarence Clark, who was buried 26/01/1970.

http://burialrecords.warrington.gov.uk/GenLocDetails.aspx?ID=12098

If you click on the above link, then click on the deceased name, it gives further info including their address.

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 1 Feb 2014 14:40

Dear Jane...

On the assumption that Reggie's find is correct and you really are nearly a nonagenarian (and well done you!) then I don't think any certificates are going to tell you much.

Were you ever in contact with your sister? Do you know when she was born?

If the deaths and burials are the correct Nellie and Mr Clark, it seems unlikely that they broke up seeing as they are buried together so long after they married.

Jude

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Feb 2014 15:09

If you purchase a copy of Nellie and Clarence's marriage cert, it will hoepfully give you details of who his Father was. This will enable you to find him on the 1901 and 1911 census.

The best place to purchase certificates in online here..

www.gro.gov.uk/?

Jane

Jane Report 1 Feb 2014 17:19

Thanking you so much Christina you have been an enourmous help.