Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles Roper

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith48

Judith48 Report 9 Apr 2014 10:21

I am trying to obtain information about Charles Roper who was aged 35 and living in the Hounslow area, possibly near to Heath Road, in the late 1940s. He, at some point, left the country and went to South Africa, possibly in the late 40s or early 50s. If anyone has any information, or he might be in some other member's family tree, it would be nice to know what became of him, I would be very grateful to hear from anyone. With thanks

Gee

Gee Report 9 Apr 2014 10:29

Hi Judith

Do you know of his family, parents, siblings, wife and children etc

Where was he born please?

alviegal

alviegal Report 9 Apr 2014 10:43

This one may fit but unless you have more details it will be very difficult.

First Name C
Last Name ROPER
Title MR
Age Transcribed 44
Year 1950
Departure Month 9
Departure Day 14
Ship name PRETORIA CASTLE
Ship Departure Port SOUTHAMPTON
Destination Port CAPE
State -
Country SOUTH AFRICA
Destination CAPE
Destination Place Country SOUTH AFRICA
Gender Male
Marital Status -
Occupation BROKER
Year Of Birth 1906

EDIT Just been transferred to the new Fmp Don't like it at all and I have to log in via facebook!

Gee

Gee Report 9 Apr 2014 17:36

From Judith:

Thanks so much for the info you've given, it's very kind of you. This is just a shot in the dark really. Sadly, no haven't got a clue about him or his family. I only know he went to SA. He was a family friend, and their memories of him have faded somewhat!

I just wondered if he rang a bell with someone.

Judith

Anything at all might help?

Who was he friends with please?

:-)