Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Stanner and Susan B Newlove

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 11 Apr 2014 11:06

Hello
I am researching the Stanner family for my grandson ( I havent had a lot of luck) John Stanner married Susan B Newlove in 1969 in Wandsworth England. They did migrate to Australia but not sure when. I have no idea what year he was born. I think his father went by the name of John P Stanner. Not a lot to go by so I am hoping someone could help me out please. Ive been stuck on this for a few weeks.
Appreciate any help
Cheryl

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Apr 2014 11:27

You may need the marriage certificate . This will give his age at marriage so you can look for his birth

Do you have the GRO ref for it ? If not can PM it

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 11 Apr 2014 11:37

Hello
Thankyou for your reply. I do have that information, just a bit impatient waiting on it. Thought I might try and find something else aswell
Cheryl

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 12:06

Look for births on freebmd......cross- reference with marriages for father's name

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 11 Apr 2014 12:17

Hello Reggie, Thankyou so much. I'"ll do that now
cheryl

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Apr 2014 18:42

I wonder whether Susan remarried in England?

there is only one birth for her name, and there is no marriage of a Susan B to a Newlove, but there is a marriage for her name in 1981 and one birth to that marriage

in case that was the same Susan ...

[links to ER info deleted as not relevant]

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 13 Apr 2014 10:02

Cheryl, just in case it's of relevance, there is an immigration record for a couple with those surnames but different first names on the National Archives of Australia, there isn't a record for the names you gave (that doesn't necessarily mean they didn't emigrate).

I won't post the details as the people are most likely still alive but you can view the record on this link:

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/NameSearch/Interface/ItemDetail.aspx?Barcode=8058778

ADDED: There seems to be coincidences with the info JoonieCloonie posted. The chap on this emigration was born London but married in Hull. It seems he's possibly the brother of the John Stanner you're asking about as they seem to have the same mother's maiden name.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 13 Apr 2014 10:36

Thankyou to everyone that has helped. john Stanner did have a brother so I will check the archives and see if he is who I have got. Susan Newlove only married once. Her husband John Stanner died in 2001. I was told he died in Gawler South Australia, but cant seem to find him buried anywhere.
Thankyou again
cheryl

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Apr 2014 15:33

you really need the Stanner-Newlove marriage certificate to get full names, ages and fathers' names

order here

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

I'll delete the ER links I put above as they are different people

Susan did have two younger brothers and an older sister (births in the index with same mother's surname)

however the sister married a Mr Murray

... and her name was not the one on that passenger record

the Stanner in that record did have a brother John 1950 though ... the couple in the passenger record married one quarter after Susan and John's marriage

can't identify the bride's parents though