Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 scottish census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jack

Jack Report 14 Apr 2014 14:52

Hi,
Where can I find the 1911 Scottish census for the Deanston Perthshire (as it was ) specific area.

Jack Steele
Ontario, Canada

Potty

Potty Report 14 Apr 2014 14:56

The only place you can see the 1911 Scottish census is on the scotlandspeople web site.

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/?

It is pay-to-view site but is very reasonable. You can download and view images.

Jack

Jack Report 14 Apr 2014 19:47

I have tried Scotlands people and cannot get to JUST the Kilmadock/ Doune/Deaston 1911 Census. Certainly not like the 1841 census that I transcribed a few years ago.

Jack Steele
Ontario, Canada

Potty

Potty Report 14 Apr 2014 22:09

I can get Kilmadock but just searching by the district brings up 2428 results! Doune and Deaston are not in the Districts list. I can't get any results for either of them on Ancestry for 1841 either.

Who are you looking for?

Potty

Potty Report 14 Apr 2014 22:12

The Civil Parish for Doune and Deanston is Kilmadock, so that is the what you would need to select in the Civil Parish List but as there are over 2000 results it will take a lot of credits to view them all!

Jack

Jack Report 14 Apr 2014 22:30

Do you think that a LDS church Genealogy facility would have the 1911 census ,or could they get it I wonder.?

Jack Steele
Ontario, Canada

Potty

Potty Report 15 Apr 2014 11:05

I don't think any genealogy site except sp has the 1911 for Scotland but you could try contacting the LDS to check.