Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Findmypast

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 23 Sep 2014 01:11

Anybody having trouble opening findmypast ... haven't been able to open it for a few days.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Sep 2014 08:56

I had problems on Sunday trying to view census and electoral rolls kept getting the error message

Think they were tinkering cos yesterday the search format was different

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 23 Sep 2014 09:12

Record set
National School Admission Registers & Log-books 1870-1914

Find historic school records from around the UK

The publication of this national collection marks the first time so many record offices, archives and schools from around the country have collaborated on one project to digitise history. The records will be released in three phases. This release includes records from 1500 schools from 12 counties across England and Wales – Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Devon, Huntingdonshire, Kent, Lancashire, Middlesex, Surrey, Wiltshire and Glamorganshire – and also Westminster. The next phases will be in Spring 2015 and Autumn 2015.

This project will bring together school records held by nearly 100 archives and schools throughout England and Wales. The project was facilitated by the Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland) – ARA – the lead membership body for archivists, records managers and conservators, and was conceived and coordinated by The National Archives.

(above were added yesterday. Still miss Birthplace for option on Census Search, unless I'm not seeing it!)

Chris :)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Sep 2014 10:09

I had trouble with the site on Saturday and Sunday when I kept getting the error message.

Yesterday I got straight in but as Shirley has already said, the site has a different look and the search page is different.

Kath. x

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 23 Sep 2014 10:14

Use it daily and have had no problems for a few weeks.

The new search screen seems much better.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 Sep 2014 11:01

No problems at all in accessing the site, but........

I don't like the way the 'search' box has been pushed to one side, and the fact that one has to select the region, whereas previously the default was 'Britain'

Birthplace option IS on census search, Chris........just scroll down far enough

You can't enter the info; you have to select from available options

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 23 Sep 2014 22:52

Thanks everybody, seems it isn't just me. Today it seems to be working but it has changed. Wish they'd tell you when they're doing stuff like this.