Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can not find a marriage or death

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terry

Terry Report 24 Nov 2014 00:32

Hi All,I have been looking now the last couple of days for a marriage and a death,but really struggling to find any info,Hopefully someone can help.
Name Stanley G Duckling born 1919 in Kensington,London,was I think married to a Sheila.?.between 1950 and 1964 they were living together at a couple of addresses in Kensington,ie 15 wheatstone road W10.and 20 Winterbourne house,on Portland square.between the years of 1945 and 1948 they were not living together but Sheila was at the address 15 Wheatstone road,also I can not find a death for either.I dont evan know if they had children,hope someone can help.thanks.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Nov 2014 01:13

the site we all use for bmds is www.freebmd.org.uk

and there is no marriage for a Duckling to a Sheila between 1935 and 1965

and no marriage for a Stanley G Duckling to anyone between 1935 and 1970

you might have to consider that they did not in fact get married :-)

Terry

Terry Report 24 Nov 2014 01:17

I did look on there Sylvia,ok thanks.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Nov 2014 03:41

there's also nothing showing up on ancestry

Flip

Flip Report 24 Nov 2014 05:50

On a couple of the ERs he is recorded with an "S" - indicating he was serving in the armed forces. They could have married overseas. He also appears to be in some sort of barracks (just men recorded) 1945/6.

Choccy

Choccy Report 24 Nov 2014 07:35

Two Kensington district births - 1947 and 1958 - females - mother's maiden name given is 'McElhinney' and 'McElhiney'

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Nov 2014 08:45

Just posting to keep in view
Name: Stanley G Duckling
Mother's Maiden Surname: Punchard
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1919
Registration district: Kensington
Inferred County: Greater London
Page Number: 275

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Nov 2014 08:50

Strange there,s very little on him only the birth and electoral rolls

Name: Stanley G - Duckling
Year: 1965
County or Borough: Kensington and Chelsea
Ward or Division/Constituency: Kensington North
Street address: 20 Winterbourne House
Reference Number: LCC/PER/B/3038

With Sheila

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Nov 2014 09:19

Wonder if they emigrated

Travel records only go to 1960

Terry

Terry Report 24 Nov 2014 09:57

Thank you guys,this one certainly is becoming a mystery,if anyone else could throw some light on Stanley and Shelia,it would be much appreciated,thanks in advance.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Nov 2014 13:01

He married in Scotland 1941.

Paisley Renfrewshire.

Surname---McELHINNEY Sheila.,,,,Duckling Stanley George.

Certificate only by order,
ref,,573/01-0850.

Neither of them died in Scotland.

Choccy

Choccy Report 24 Nov 2014 13:12

Well found Kay :-D

Terry

Terry Report 24 Nov 2014 14:00

Thank you Kay,there are some days when someone really shines.....today Kay you are that person.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Nov 2014 15:07

He could still be alive.............

Terry

Terry Report 24 Nov 2014 16:13

I was thinking that Gwen,now would,nt that be a turn up.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Nov 2014 16:41

Many have McElhinney born Scotland in trees,,,,,,Renfrew/shire and Glasgow,,,,,,perhaps there could be a link to S,McElhinney.?

They arent showing on Australian Archives immigrations,but that could mean they are still not made public.

If they emigrated,then,,,,,US,Canada.SAfrica,was the places in the 1960s,

Passenger lists leaving uk are for sea travel and dont list those flying,

Terry

Terry Report 24 Nov 2014 16:51

Thanks Kay They had two daughters,following on from your ealier post there was Audrey 1947 and Gillian 1958,with the McElhinney maiden name,but I have been looking for a marriage for both of them and nothing found,so possible the whole family went abroard,I will still keep looking on bits though.thanks again.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Nov 2014 18:17

IF they went to Australia, whether by sea or air, they should be listed on the following site ............................... I have found names of immigrants through the 1960s, which was the prime time for emigrating under the £10 scheme

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx

It can be a bit confusing to work your way through ........ but try Name Search first.

Passenger Arrivals Index is a bit more specific ................... "Search for passengers arriving by ship in Fremantle and other Western Australian ports between 1921 and 1950; or arriving at Perth airport between 1944 and 1950. "

Terry

Terry Report 24 Nov 2014 23:47

Thanks Sylvian,

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 25 Nov 2014 04:33

Checking the aussie phone book (whitepages), there are only 3 Ducklings listed in the whole of Aus!

Might be worth contacting them?