Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

died in ? 2015?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eunice

Eunice Report 9 Aug 2016 19:49

How do I find out the date of death of someone who has died within the last year or so? I need to apply for a death certificate as this person was an executor to a family will, but we have lost contact over the last few years. His wife refuses to engage or help us unless there is 'something in it for her' shall we say????

malyon

malyon Report 9 Aug 2016 19:55

announcments in local newspaper

Eunice

Eunice Report 9 Aug 2016 20:00

have tried that but nothing there :-(

It is a very unpleasant situation, believe me!

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Aug 2016 20:07

If you know where he died, the local register office may be able to help if you explain why you need a copy of the death certificate. If you look on the website of the registers office it should tell you the information you need to give to obtain a copy of a recent death certificate.

Eunice

Eunice Report 9 Aug 2016 20:16

Thanks everyone.

Choccy

Choccy Report 9 Aug 2016 22:17

If he left a Will you may find him here

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills