Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Willi Ewald Storckmann 25/11/1927 - 1985

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerry

Gerry Report 12 Sep 2016 10:41

Willi (aka William) married Rosina Gertrude Whybrow 6/3/1948 in Dartford Register Office. His father was Wilhelm Storckmann, factory worker. I have the marriage cert.

Willi was a German POW (Swanscombe Camp in Kent) who, like many others, stayed and married.

I was wondering if anyone has access, and can read German records so that I can get further back in his ancestory

Gerry

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2016 14:34

?????????

Name William Storckmann
Event Type Death Registration
Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration Year 1985
Registration District Gravesend
County Kent
Event Place Gravesend, Kent, England
Birth Date (available after June quarter 1969) 25 Nov 1927
Volume 16
Page 822

patchem

patchem Report 12 Sep 2016 17:26

This might be useful for you to plough through, or to ask on those boards:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=11860.0

Do you know what part of Germany he came from?

Gerry

Gerry Report 12 Sep 2016 17:39

Unfortunately I only know what I have said. I am researching this for a friend and its going the same way as MY paternal family. My father was also a German POW and I got no further than he was from Germany and his father's name.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Sep 2016 17:45

Unfortunately, having Googled German genealogy, it looks as if, without knowing where in Germany they came from, it would be difficult using German genealogy sites, even if you understood the language.

patchem

patchem Report 12 Sep 2016 20:50

Does your friend know nothing of his father's background - area of Germany, uncles, aunts, grandparents, cousins?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2016 21:37

most Storckmann's come from Evangelisch, Eickel Gelsenkirchen, Westfalen, Prussia

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Sep 2016 22:24

There are also quite a few records for people named Storchmann (note spelling) in German records on Ancestry - mainly from the same area as Ann mentioned.

Gerry

Gerry Report 12 Sep 2016 23:28

Thank you.