Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Flintshire lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 27 Dec 2016 13:55

I have a newspaper cutting of a funeral held on the 17th June 1939 of Harold Lloyd from Flint Mountain. Unfortunately I am unable to read all of the mourners names due to the fold of the paper. Harold Lloyd was knocked down by a car on the Flint Mountain road.
As I do not live in Flintshire I am unable to get to Hawarden to research this matter.
Finding the names of other ancestors on this cutting would be of great help.
Can any member help?

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 27 Dec 2016 14:16

Only finding a small report on the accident. Harold died at Flint Cottage Hospital after being admiitted late on the Saturday night after being hit by a vehicle driven by Edward Bibby, on Chester Road, Flint. Harold was 43, and lived at The Nook, Flint Mountain.

Unfortunately the Welsh newspapers online only goes up to 1910.

Anthony

Anthony Report 27 Dec 2016 15:04

Thank you very much for your time in searching for the info I required.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 27 Dec 2016 15:13

You could always try ironing the newspaper cutting to see if that would make it better to read.

Dea

Dea Report 27 Dec 2016 15:50

Do you know which newspaper your cutting was from?

If so, you could try contacting the main library local to that area - they would probably keep copies of the newspapers and might be able to send you a better copy of the article (may charge a small fee).

Dea x

Anthony

Anthony Report 27 Dec 2016 16:07

I will look into contacting the local library tomorrow. Thank you for the help in the ironing idea and the info about the library.

laurie

laurie Report 15 Jan 2017 14:31

Harold Lloyd is my grandfather. His wife Mary Elizabeth Jones died in 1966 in Epsom Surrey. I do have some copies of the report of his death and funeral that my sisters obtained when they visited Wales . You may have the same reports but if you would like them let me know.

John

laurie

laurie Report 15 Jan 2017 14:34

Harold Lloyd is my grandfather. His wife Mary Elizabeth Jones died in 1966 in Epsom Surrey. I do have some copies of the report of his death and funeral that my sisters obtained when they visited Wales . You may have the same reports but if you would like them let me know.

John