Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PHYLLIS NORA BEAN....dob 1928 in South Africa

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 4 Jan 2017 13:48

Phyllis was born in S Africa in 1928. Thanks to GR help I found this out. She left SA and returned to the Uk in 1954 and lived with my Grandmother in Strood, Kent. She was heavily pregnant and gave birth to a daughter in Feb 1955, in Bushey, Herts.....a girl called SAROJINI BEAN. The child was adopted....mainly because her father was black, and Phyllis had returned to the UK as a single person.
I don't know how to go about finding her through adoption papers?
Also I cannot find any trace of Phyllis....she committed suicide sometime after 1955. All my relatives are now deceased that had any knowledge of Phyllis, and her own family remained in SA.....Durban I think.
I would dearly love to find some closure for Phyllis....just to find her resting place would be so great. And perhaps find out what happened to her daughter.
Many thanks if you can help.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 4 Jan 2017 13:51

http://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1349360

(perhaps better to stick to above)

Chris :)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1334694?page=0

(there was more on above for reference also)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jan 2017 13:52

you could put a note on the gro birth ref for Sarojini on Freebmd giving a contact email and saying you would like contact.

theres no way of tracing her without knowing her new name

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jan 2017 13:55

thought this sounded familiar

i posted replies on the other thread

ttp://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1349360