Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth cert, for Edward Pepper Dolan.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 12 Jan 2017 16:08

I have a certified copy of a birth entry dated 26-10-1936 complete with postage stamp, of an entry of birth in Belfast. I cannot find it in the indexes.
It reads as follows.
Date and place of birth 14-4-1922 Albertville Drive.
Name Edward Pepper Dacre
Father Dacre Bruce Dolan
Mother Hannah Dolan formerly Dale
Gives parents address.
Registered 3-8-1931 on the authority of the Registrar General.

I have looked in the indexes under the name Dale and Dolan and 1922-1931.

Would welcome any help.
Janet

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2017 18:13

What indexes are you looking at ??

Irish bmds aren't online

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2017 18:32

Are you looking at the ones on GR/Findmypast? They are probably the ones for England and Wales.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2017 18:37

"The official site of the Northern Ireland General Register Office www.groni.gov.uk allows access to full a database of the transcripts of their records from 1922 onwards (from 1845/1864 for areas now in Northern Ireland) on a pay per view basis."

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/irish-records-what-is-available/civil-records

Hace you looked here? You do need to register first
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/search-gronis-online-records

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 12 Jan 2017 20:45

In case you don't have this....1911

Hannah aged 13 was living at
7 Foreman St. Court Ward

Edward Pepper Dale 39 Non Denominational b England Postman
Bridget Dale 40 wife RC b Dublin
Francis Dale 15 b Dublin
Hannah Dale 13 b Dublin

Maddie

Maddie Report 13 Jan 2017 13:34

1939 Register Transcription

Dale Household (2 People) 36 Wesley Place , Newcastle-under-Lyme M.B., Staffordshire, England
Attach to tree
View original image
Print
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Edward Pepper Dale 11 Jan 1872 Male Postman Retired On Pensioner Married 220 1
Bridget Dale 10 Dec 1873 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 220 2

Ref: RG101/5411I/021/15 Letter Code: ORTU© Findmypast Ltd
Open a closed record Request a living person's record

Maddie

Maddie Report 13 Jan 2017 13:38

????????????

1881 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
17, Upper Green, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England

Learn more
Print transcription View image
Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Elizabeth Whittaker Head Widow Female 77 1804 - Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England
Transcription
Hannah Dale Daughter Widow Female 43 1838 - Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England
Transcription
George Dale Grand Son Single Male 23 1858 Colliery Laborer Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England
Transcription
Samuel Dale Grand Son Single Male 19 1862 Laborer In Coal Mine Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England
Transcription
John Roger Dale Grand Son Single Male 16 1865 - Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England
Transcription
Frances Dale Grand Daughter Single Female 11 1870 Scholar Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England
Transcription
Edward Pepper Dale Grand Son Single Male 9 1872 Scholar Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 13 Jan 2017 16:02

Janet...Don't know what info. you have regarding the family but I cannot locate anything relating to a Dacre/Bruce/Dolan...given as Fathers name on the doc you have...???
If Hannah Dale Dolan is the mother then surely the fathers name would be Dolan...where does Dacre come into it....? No permutation of the names reveals anything.

Hannah was living at 51 Joseph St.Belfast in 1901 along with mother Bridget sister S.Frances also who is likely her step sister from her mothers 1st marriage Elizabeth aged 17.....although she is down as Dale she is probably Elizabeth "Fulham"...
Does any of the above make sense to you....

According to Belfast Burials there was a child born and died after 8 hrs. to Bridget and Edward 1903.....

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 13 Jan 2017 16:08

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/34578/page/7799/data.pdf

The above link shows an Edward Pepper Dacre Dolan appointed Temp.Post Messenger 1938.

Janet

Janet Report 13 Jan 2017 17:00

Hello everyone. I have all of the information that you have posted. Detective I have registered and searched the groni records. With no luck
Dacre Bruce Dolan's real name is Dacre Bruce Doland. He dropped the d at the end when he bigamously married Hannah Dale in Belfast in 1921
When in Southern Ireland he was in the army and married a Maria Mary Louisa
Wardlaw in 1908. When he was in the RFC he married Hannah Dale.

Then both families came home with him to England.
Whoops.
Janet

patchem

patchem Report 13 Jan 2017 17:54

Janet,

Just to clear things up for me, is this Dacre?

Dacre B Doland
Birth Date: abt 1886
Date of Registration: Dec 1945
Age at Death: 59
Registration district: Bedford
Inferred County: Bedfordshire
Volume: 3b
Page: 351

Janet

Janet Report 13 Jan 2017 18:22

Patchem,

That is the correct one. I have a lot of info on him and his ancestors, should write a novel about them.
Janet

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 13 Jan 2017 20:48

Janet....Can you explain how Bridget (Fulham) Dale was the sole beneficiary in the Will of infant son Thomas who died in Temple St Hospital Dublin 22 July 1897...it has me really puzzled.????

Janet

Janet Report 14 Jan 2017 16:14

Eringobragh 1916

I am doing the Doland family tree on behalf of a descendant of Dacre's 1st and legal marriage. So I have not looked at Hannah Dale's family.

Janet

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 15 Jan 2017 13:07

Thank you Janet.....

I have never come across an infant "making out a will"....she was left £50....a lot of brass in those days...!