Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Martin Briscoe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martin

Martin Report 25 Jan 2003 18:12

My SWALES connection is Catherine O'SHEA/HAMMOND/SWALES who was almost certainly my Grandmother's Grandmother. She was born Catherine O'Shea in 1821 in Ireland. Might have lived in Canada around 1845-1850 when she was married to a HAMMOND. I believe he died, possibly around 1850 in Canada. She married John SWALES from around the Grewelthorpe (Kirkby Malzeard / Masham) area in about 1854. He died in 1858. He was an "innkeeper" but I have not found the name of the inn yet. She was lodge keeper at Swinton Park in 1881 and 1891, still living in the lodge in 1901. She had an illegitimate daughter Margaret SWALES in 1860 (father Thomas SWALES) who married Thomas MOOD in Masham in ABT 1884 but died in 1891. She died in 1915 around Masham. Martin