Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Bleasdale

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 30 Jan 2003 21:38

My Father was born in Horwich (near Bolton),Lancashire on the 17th August 1894 and his full name was William James Bleasdale and he died in 1972.On his birth cerificate his Fathers name was given as Richard James Bleasdale and his Mothers name as Sarah Bleasdale (formerly Maguire)Have so far discovered through 1891 Census that they had at that time 5 children (names are Mary Á.born 1879,Edith M. born 1880,Richard E. born 1883,Annie born 1885 and Ethel A born 1888.In 1901 census there are of course two more children namely William James born 1894 and Daniel born 1897.The address given on the birth Certificate was 22 Mottram Street,Horwich and I have also discovered that when my Father joined the Canadian Expeditionary Force in 1916 he gave his parents address then as 22 Penn Street,Horwich.He joined the Canadian Expeditionary Force in 1916 and was a member of the 213th Battalion,then the 173rd Battalion and finally the 116th Battalion.I also believe that he was wounded at Vimy Ridge in 1917 and was shipped back to Canada and was one of the first Canadian wounded to be sent back to Canada.I also know that he was from a large Family but have no other details because he spoke very little of his family which would be the reason that he left home at a very young age and went to work in the US for a couple of years before going to Canada in 1916