Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lynn Wood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Feb 2006 20:24

I'm trying to trace my mother's side of the family - Penn. Family story has it we're descended from William Penn, founder of Pennsylvania (prob wishful thinking!). Have definite trace back to a marriage of John Penn to Sarah Soper at Rotherhithe in 1805. In the 1860s our lineof Penns moved north to Darlington. Am stuck at 1805. Grateful for any help! Lynn

Winsome

Winsome Report 18 Jul 2008 05:21

My husband's gfather was Frederick Rowland Hood Penn who came from Rotherhithe. As far as we know there were no John Penn's in the family. However, he married Louisa Carter also from Rotherhithe and we have in her handwriting a card sent to an Edie Penn. We have no idea who Edie Penn is and wonder if you might?

Winsome Penn (Sydney)

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 18 Jul 2008 12:04

The first post is over 2 years old.
Try sending a pm to Lynn directly by clicking on her name.
She may no longer be a member