Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Janice Kerry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janice

Janice Report 4 Apr 2006 22:50

Hi I am desperate for info. concerning Hunts in Kent, particularly Tonbridge 'Chislehurst and Bromley areas. My great,great grandfather was Henry Hunt , born 1821 who married Mary Barnaby born 1825 as far as I know. They had 1 girl, Edna and 9 boys- Thomas,John, Jesse, George,Henry, Joseph, William,Alfred and my great grandfather James. James married a Baker, sadly she died in her 30s. James at the time was coachman to Lord Balfour I believe, and had to out his children into an orphanage. There is more to this story which I will add as soon as I can get it verified by my mother! In the meantime any Hunts or Barnabys out there who have any info, please get in touch. My mum is 75 now and would love to know more about her ancestors.