Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dawn Lea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Aug 2005 17:36

Hello everybody!! My name is Dawn LEA and I am trying to trace my family tree on my paternal grandmother's side. Her maiden name was CROUCH and she was born in Manea, Cambridgeshire around 1916 ish. As far as we knew, she had three sisters - Millicent, Vera and Eunice. However, I now believe that she may have had step-siblings from her fathers first marriage (we did not know that he had been married before). The children's names were Ethel and Fred. Their mother's name was Abigail MOXON and the only other thing I know is that Ethel married a Bert BRIDGEMENT. Unfortunately, both Bert and Ethel are now deceased - as are the other four sisters (Fred I do not know what has become of him). If you recognize any of these names or know of the CROUCH family in the Cambridgeshire area, PLEASE PLEASE get in touch as I would very much like to reunite my father with any possible cousins!

Helen Lorraine

Helen Lorraine Report 9 Apr 2013 22:36

HI my grandfarther was from manea his name was algernon bridgement and have some farmily living in manea.

Mike *

Mike * Report 9 Apr 2013 22:42

Helen this is an old posting and probably won't be revisited.
You could try clicking Dawn's name ( in blue) and sending a direct message

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 9 Apr 2013 22:43

Welcome to the boards Helen.
Dawn posted this almost 8 years ago so is unlikely to see your reply. You can try sending her a message by clicking on her name. Also try 'search all trees' to see if other members share family members with you (use search box above).
Lots of us enjoy 'helping' so if you have any queries or problems you can start a thread of your own.
have fun!
Jan :-D