Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jacqueline Moys Verlegh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Oct 2004 09:40

I believe that the name moys is derived from moses. It exists in varios forms but spelt moys is of hugenot origin. There seem to be quite a few in the south east of england but I am having problems getting down the line. My grandfather, Edward Wilbur Pugin Moys is my last defininte point of contact. He was born in Ramsgate, Kent around 1900 and his father was also Edward Moys who married a Maude Miles of Tunbridge Wells.. His grandfather was William Richard Moys of Margate who married Maria Wiles, also of Margate.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 4 May 2012 15:30

My maiden name was Moys, and my grandfather, Arthur Edwin Moys, also lived in Ramsgate, as did his father, James, who owned a florists in High Street. Arthur Edwin took holy orders and became a vicar. He moved to West Ham, where my father, James, was born in 1902.
Reply if you need any more information.
from Rosemary Higgitt

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 4 May 2012 15:31

:-) :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 May 2012 15:43

As Jacqueline's info records ZERO posts, she is extremely unlikely still to be a GR member

Linda

Linda Report 4 May 2012 15:46

I managed to send Jacqueline a PM so looks like her account or at least her email is still active :-)