Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Butler

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 23 Mar 2007 03:24

BUTLER My great grandfather was William Henry Butler born 1823 in Wooburn Buckinghamshire. He married my great grandmother, Amelia Hearn when he was almost 50, they lived in Bermondsey, South London and had 4 sons....John 1873, William 1875, Thomas 1876 and James Henry 1878. James Henry Butler being my grandfather. At the time of my great grandparents marriage... he, William Henry Butler was described as a Retired Army Officer and was a widower. He had a brother called John , who was born about 1812. I am wondering if anyone could please throw any light on his previous life, who was he married to and did he have other children??? Possibly in Buckinghamshire??? I believe his father John Butler was a School Master.