Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find FIELDING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 10 Mar 2007 11:29

Mr. ? FIELDING of LEEDS WEST YORKSHIRE, possibly in his mid 20's or older in 1950?( mabe born 1920's?) Had a connection, possibly MANAGER or OWNER of one of the MILLS in or around Tingley/Morley, West Yorkshire in the late 1940's/ early 1950's. Would definately know Kathleen Walker,( but his family may not!) who worked in the mill? I know there are a lot of mabe's but unfortunately this is all the information we have at the moment. In early 1951, Kathleen Walker had a baby girl, Susan Walker,(my mum!) and we have only just been told that the fathers surname was Fielding, had a large house,in Leeds, and the family was quite well to do? I am asking for information to help me to fill in the gaps for my mum, who has never known about her Dad, but does seem to think that she was taken to see him as a very small child, but that the visits stopped when she was old enough to talk about it?? This may or may not be the case!
Any information would be fabulous,We are led to believe that Mr Fielding went on to marry and had a family of his own, but continued to live in Leeds. Again, dont know how accurate this is!
Many Thanks!

Kirsty James.x