Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Lewis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwynneth

Gwynneth Report 18 Feb 2007 23:29

I am trying to find the family of MARY JONES nee LEWIS, born 1837 in Newborough/Llangeinwen Anglesey, North Wales. Daughter of Hugh Lewis, Bryn Sinc Newborough b.1816 On the 1861 census she is married to WILLIAM JONES aged 34 MARY his wife aged 24 Both born, Llangeinwen on that. and daughter MARGARET aged 11months. also on the census is my great grandmother MARGARET LEWIS aged 12 born, Newborough. sister. The address is TY GWYN, LLANRUG, CAERNARVONSHIRE. ON the 1901 census daughter MARGARET is a visitor visiting her Uncle William( CAPT WILLIAM LEWIS)b. 1840. she is aged 38 and an AMERICAN SUBJECT. He lived at Goleufryn, Dinorwic St., CAERNARVON. I do know that they emigrated to America and lived at Glas Aber, Farm, in WISCONSIN ..their address about 1918, and I think they were still there up to the 1940's as they corresponded with my father..and maybe up to the 1950's Are there any of the family left there? surname JONES I would love to hear from you as I am trying my best to fill the gaps in my family tree. My guess is they went out on Mary's brother ship called Canute and maybe had a free passage.. I understand that some of the family came over in the 1970's. There are more children than the daughter Margaret but I cannot find them on any censuses so I assume again that they must have emigrated between 1861 and 1871 Please get in touch if you know of them or are the American family. Kind regards, Gwynneth