Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Moir

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 12 May 2006 18:28

George Moir/More, born around 1768, had a small chemical works in Canongate, Edinburgh in 1820. He married Martha Young 1811 in Prestonpans and died between 1841 and 1851. I've tracked his direct line plus some others down to present day. Any ideas on George's parents/brothers/sisters? Cheers Ken

Lyn

Lyn Report 26 Feb 2008 00:24

Hi Ken,
I have a Mary Moir who married James Fargie in that area.
Their son John Fargie was born in Preston Pans. Will see if I can find out a bit more on the Moirs. Mary would have been born about the same time as George but at the moment I don't have any births of Mary or siblings. Will see what I can find and get back to you.
Cheers for now
Lyn

Angela

Angela Report 7 Nov 2008 16:24

my name is angela cleghorn i dont know if were trying to find the same people but my g grandmother williamina was married to a henry fargie and he had a brother called john fargie as far as i know from prestonpans williamina had 2 sons and 2 daughters one was jessie my nana and she had a son derek watson wich is my dad but sadly gave him up for adoption so im trying to find my family

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Nov 2008 17:32

Angela - Ken and Lyn both posted a long time ago - you could try getting a message to them via GR by clicking on their names